Date Joined: November 18, 2015
Last Online: May 19, 2020
Birthday: November 6
Country: United States
After a year away from Swapbot, I am back. My life has finally calmed down some, I'm ready to come back, and I've really missed being here! Thanks for bearing with me!
I have been dealing with some personal and family issues lately. I will be taking a break from swapping until things calm down with my life. I will still be logging on from time to time to check messages so please feel free to get in touch if needed. I look forward to coming back (hopefully) soon!
I do not flake and have no intention of starting. If I sign up for a swap, I will follow through. I take all swaps that I am sending out directly to the post office rather than dropping them in the closest blue box. I do this to try and minimize the possibility of lost mail. However, I know that accidents still can and do happen. If there is ever a problem with anything I have sent, or if something fails to show up, please contact me before rating poorly! I WILL DO WHATEVER NECESSARY TO RECTIFY ANY PROBLEMS. I do click send once a swap has been placed in the post office drop box. Please note that depending on when I show up at the post office, the date shown on the envelope may not necessarily reflect the sent date.
I recently had a swap that showed up to my partner postage due (which I felt horrible about). To make matters worse, it was something that I had taken to the post office to have weighed and sent off so it shouldn't have happened. That being said, I'd like to let everyone know that if there is ever a problem with anything you have received from me, or if you fail to receive something, please please contact me. I WILL DO WHAT I NEED TO IN ORDER TO MAKE IT RIGHT! Thank you :-)
I live in the beautiful state of Colorado, USA. I was born overseas and moved to the states at 6 months of age. I was raised in Colorado and love it. In my free time I enjoy spending time outdoors. I'm an avid hiker in the summer and skier in the winter. I am currently working on my scuba diving certification. I also love to swim, travel, read, spend time online and enjoy doing crafts. I don't have any children, but I do have three big dogs that I love like children!
Being an avid hiker, I am absolutely in love with America's National Parks. My husband and I were married in Rocky Mountain National Park in May of 2016, and followed up our festivities by visiting Capitol Reef National Park for our honeymoon. The outdoors play a big part in my life.
If you are partnered with me in a PC swap and are unsure what to write about, consider telling me about any recent traveling you have done! I love to travel and I'm always looking for new ideas of places to visit! If there are any national parks, national monuments, landmarks, etc in your area, I would love to hear about them!
**climb all the highest peaks in Colorado
**swim with sharks (I've only ever seen sharks on TV or in an aquarium. Would love to meet one up close and personal!)
**skydive (went indoor skydiving and loved it. Ready to try the real thing now!)
**ride in a hot air balloon
**visit Egypt (fascinated with the pyramids!)
**visit every national park in the U.S.
**visit New Zealand
**take a tour of Europe
**go whale watching
1) I still listen to boy bands from the 90's. It's hard to hate Mondays when you're jamming out N*Sync all the way to work!
2) I love the smell and feel of laundry fresh out of the dryer.
3) I hate my birthday. I always wished for a summer birthday.
4) I refuse to eat cereal with milk. I'll eat dry cereal and drink milk but I don't like the two together.
5) I'm absolutely terrified of snakes. I don't care how harmless they are. They scare me!
I'm pretty open to receiving almost anything. I'm not picky. I love crafting, scrapbooking, animals and anything related to the outdoors. Here are some particulars that come to mind: (In no particular order)
1) postcards from anywhere (especially those from National Parks or cards featuring animals. Touristy or non touristy-both are great! I always prefer my postcards unwritten in an envie, but if the swap calls for stamped and naked, that's fine!)
2) tea (not picky. I love red, black, white, green, fruity, though I have recently discovered that I am especially fond of fruity!)
4) pens, sharpies (any colors)
5) patterned origami paper
6) washi tape
7) scrapbooking supplies
9) patterned paper (no scraps please!)
10) anything handmade (love to see others' creativity)
11) envelopes (I especially love handmade envelopes; the size doesn't matter as long as it's suitable for mailing. I once received a lovely origami envelope no bigger than a business card. It was beautiful, but hardly practical for mailing LOL!)
12) stickers (most kinds--please refrain from sending me any teacher/reward stickers)
13) I love glitter provided it is tightly adhered. Please do not send me any loose glitter.
14) candy (major sweet tooth! Especially love dark chocolate, marshmallows, or peppermint!)
15) crafting supplies
16) anything related to dogs or horses
17) I love meaningful quotes! I collect quotable magnets and anything related to quotable magnets.
18) I love bumper stickers (especially those from ski resorts!) I use them to decorate my microwave, my cooler, even my dogs' food container!
19) socks! I love crazy colorful socks!
20) Disney stuff (particularly the Disney princesses, Belle is my favorite!)
21) Anything related to Sanrio (Hello Kitty and Little Twin Stars are favorites!) or Lisa Frank. I love “cutesy” things!
22) bookmarks (especially crazy, colorful or cute ones!)
23) I love stars! (NOT Hollywood stars but the twinkling ones you see in the sky!)
24) I love your typical "souvenir" type items such as magnets, keychains, notepads, t-shirts, etc.
My favorite color is pink. I'm very fond of pink things, but definitely not a color snob. I pretty much love all pastel or bright colors! My favorite seasons are Spring and Winter.
All in all I'm open to receiving just about anything. However please do not send the following
1) food containing nuts (I'm not allergic, just never particularly cared for them)
2) spicy foods
3) postcards or cards with snakes. Eek!
4) Anything with a religious motif. I consider myself to be more spiritual than religious.
5) Please do not send me ephemera (such as receipts, newspaper pages, phonebook pages, etc) I just don't use it very often and already have entirely too much of it!
6) I don't make ATCs. I won't be upset if I receive blank ATC cards, just know that it will most likely be passed on to another swapper better able to use them.
7) I do have a nickel allergy. On top of that, I rarely ever wear jewelry. Please avoid sending jewelry of any kind.
8) No milk chocolate please! I can't stand the stuff. I love dark and white chocolate though!
9) No stamped images, please! I already have way more than I need and they’re starting to end up in my recycling bin.
I've recently gotten pretty into postcard swaps, so I figured I should add a more detailed section here about postcards. As mentioned above, I'm not picky about postcards. I love pretty much any kind, touristy or non-touristy, multi-view, panoramic. I'm especially fond of postcards featuring animals (except snakes) or those from zoos or national parks.
The only postcards I'm not particularly fond of are coloring postcards. The adult coloring thing never really caught on for me. Feel free to send me a postcard that you have colored in. I love to see the creativity of others. But un-colored postcards sent naked and stamped usually end up in my recycling bin. If coloring postcards are the only ones you have available, I would really appreciate them being sent blank in an envie so that I can pass them on to others. Thank you!
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|