I am a novice in the world of Art Journaling, so I am bit afraid to join journal swaps.
So I wanted to make an Art Journal swap for beginners.
This is a swap for all of you who wants to give Art Journaling a try. If you are experienced in the world of Art Journaling, you are of course welcome as well! But keep in mind that you may get a “first-timers” work in return!
Don’t be afraid to join if you can’t draw, or if your collages look like something you made in kindergarden, just as long as you have a creative way to decorate your journal pages a little, and that you ENJOY trying this out!
I have come up with 30 promts for our journal, you have to pick AT LEAST 15 of them, in addition to them it would be nice if you make 5-10 promps yourself, something personal and close to your heart.
The size of the journal is senders choice, but it should be at least 6” x 8” (or A5)
Be creative, have fun, and don’t worry about your journal not being “arty” enough.
One partner, no unexplained 1’s or 3’s and ABSOLUTELY NO FLAKERS!!!!
You can follow me as I make my journal here:
- This is me! It doesn’t have to be a biography, but give us the highlights!
- Wings-page. Make a page decorated in some way with wings. ANY kind of wings. Angels, birds, planes… Up to you!
3.I can’t live without ….. Tell us about 5 things you couldn’t be without, and why.
4. Adds-page. Cut out adds from magazines or papers and make a collage.
5. Word of the day. Look up a random word, write a little about the word, and decorate as you see fit.
6. Animals. Decorate a page with any animal(s) Animals you love, hate, fear….
7. I regret….. Tell us about something you regret doing, or regret not doing.
8. Vintage. Make a vintage page.
9. Write a poem. A poem you love, a poem you remember from you were a child, or just look up a poem. Is there a poet in you, write your own poem.
10. Nature-page. Decorate a page with anything from nature. Trees, flowes, the sea… Yeah, you know what you find in nature.
11. Comfort-food. It is raining, youre broke, nobody answers when you call them. You curl up in your favorite chair with some comfort-food. What is it?!?
12. Sit-com. What is the one Sit-com that always gets you in a good mood?!?
13. Hodiday-page. Decorate a page with a holiday theme, Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving….
14. Give us your best advice! Any advice!
15. I want to dine with……. What celebrity would you like to sit down and dine and chat with, and why?
16. Candles and lamps. Decorate a page with candles and lamps.
17. Time. Decorate a page with something that has to do with time. Watches, clocks, calendars, egg timers…
18. I have a dream…. What is your dream(s), and why?
19. Drinks-page. Make a page dedicated to drinks, soft drinks, hard drinks, cold drinks, hot drinks. Do you have a recipe for the worlds best lemonade?
20. Games. Dedicate a page for games, any games, cards, boards, computer, consol, outdoors….
21. Beauty. Make a page with anything you find beautiful.
22. Ugly. Make a page with anything you find ugly.
23. I wish I was there…. Make a page where you show and tell about a place you want to be. It can be a travel destination, a place you visited as a child, an imaginary place….
24. I want to learn…. What have you always wanted to learn? A language, a skill?
25. My pet. Tell us about your pet. Please include a picture.
26. Read this book! Tell us about a book you read that you think everybody should read.
27. Favorite movie. Dedicate a page to your favorite movie.
28. Tell a joke!
29. 2012. What do YOU think will happen?!?! Nothing?!?! The return of Christ?!?!? Armadeddon?!?!
30. Music. Dedicate a page to music. Classical, your favorite band, favorite song, a musical, opera….